Monday, August 23, 2010

I need advice guys, my husband hit me last night :(?

we've been together for 6 years, we have a 2 yo. We got into it last night cause we've been having lots of issues since our daughter was born, he cmplains about lack of sex and attention but always tells me I am a great mom. I guess he just doesn't understand how hard and demanding it is to have a baby/toddler.





He also has a drug issue (weed) he smokes on a regular basis, never around my daughter, in a terrace we have in our house. Anyways we got into it for something stupid (we like all couples have our ups %26amp; downs, and we are going thorugh a down right now) and I was holding my daughter and he told me he is %$%26amp;/%26amp; tired of me :'( and I told her I was /%26amp;$$ tired of living with a pot head and he came and hit me in the face in front of my daughter....





i am at lost today, sitting in my office wondering how and when did all this go so wrong, and probably is all my fault for loving him and having married him knowing he had addiction issues. I don't wanna feel like I failed at my marriage and feel terrible for my daughter for witnessing such lame show, she really doesn't deserve this, nor do I, I am sure. He right away told me he wouldn't tolerate calling him a pothead in front of our daughter and that he would hit me again if I ever did do again.





Just words of support are fine, I spent all night crying anyways I feel like a wreck. I am young (28) and I seriously don't know what to do. I know he needs help, but I can quit smoking for him, he has to do it on his own. I have seen his behavior change overtime as his smoking as increased, I am sure if he was smoke free he wouldn't act this way.





thanks for reading and any words are greatly appreciated thanks.





Confused wife %26amp; momI need advice guys, my husband hit me last night :(?
weed will do that telll him 2 choose between his family or the weed cause u cant go on like this. video him off his guts n show it 2 him next day n say this is wot yr daugther sees n will grow up thinkin its normal.I need advice guys, my husband hit me last night :(?
Leave him, that's not a safe or happy environment for a child to have to live in, and it's not safe for you either. Domestic violence can turn fatal.





Go and stay with friends or family until you can find somewhere else to live, and if you have any brothers get them to knock the tripe out of that moron to teach him a lesson.
Hi, its was a real shame that he reacted like that, yes i would agree that it has something to do with him smoking addiction, for one it would give him anger problems. You should try and speak to someone on a helpline, because if he's started such a thing, then theres no saying that he can't hit you again the next time round, secondly he mustn't be worth much, if hes as low as to have the nerve to hit you or show violance or any sort towards you in front of your two year old! Its not fair on her, it could really distrub her at that age. I would try and speak to him privatly, say that your sorry for calling him a pothead, but your under a lot of stress and was tired yesterday from looking after your daughter all day (which is true), but also get your point across, choose your words carfully and tell him that he was in the wrong to hit you!!! Alot of couples have issues with attention after they have children, that i would say is natural taht he's feeling as though you don't get to spend as much time with him. Maybe get a baby sitter at some point n go out to dinner %26amp; spend time together as a couple for an evening or two... As hard as it is, men have known to hit women, but change %26amp; there relationship heels, but what will only happen if you want it to get better, maybe you both need some time to think things through, a suggestion would be to stay at a friend or relatives house for a few days, jus so that maybe he can think of things more clearly when he's on his own, if he has any love for you and your daughter, the seriousness of the situation and what hitting you might of done to your relationship should hit him....I'm sorry to have heard of your story, please don't spend tonight crying again...if your religious then i would suggest prayer at this point, hope things get better for you :)





Let me know how it goes x
well i would do what ever your heart says because for the right thing to do is leave but it is still not right for him to hit you.... did he hit you in-front of ur child or what... if i were u i would leave him because i hate it when someone hits me
I suggest stop calling him pothead in front of his daughter or leave. There isn't a whole lot to that.
He already told you he would do it again so you need to deal with this now. You probably should call the police but at the very least you need to go and stay with a friend or another family member. Get away from him for a while and let him know you are serious and that either he stops smoking and gets help you will leave him and take your child with you. You child doesn't need to see that garbage growing up. Good luck.
I'm so sorry. The fact that he said he would hit you again is a big red light. Your daughter should not be living in an environment where her mother is at risk of physical abuse. The other problem is the fact that he has no inclination to change his addiction problem. I'd seek help for you and your daughter and I think if it were me, I'd be looking to get out of the situation. As you know, you can't fix him - only he can decide to change and right now he doesn't want to change. Once again, for you and your daughter, I'm sorry.
Sorry to hear you had such a lousy night. It sounds like you already know he probably won't quit smoking and it will probably just get worst. I hope you have family or friends to support you. I think in your heart you know already what you have to do and I can imagine it will be hard. Take care and good luck..........
As a wife and MOTHER take accountability for your life, and stop asking for advice. What you are doing is asking for people to collude with you.


We come into our relationships with our own baggage. As you begin to heal your mind you will change your world.


If not for you, do it for your children.
Ok first (these are just my thoughts) a man that hits a woman is weak.


Tell him if he hits you one more time you are going to the police, and tell him to step up and quit the pot for his family and be a man.
He hit you and you haven't left YET?
when hes sleep tie him to the bed whip his a$$ flush all his weed down the toilet and tell him to grow up or he will never see his daughter again
Marijuana doesn't make someone act like that. He would be the same jerk, high or not. I would leave, it would ultimately be the best thing for you and your daughter.
I am so sorry for what you are going through. I have a friend who went through some similar issues. They separated for almost a year, he cleaned himself up, and now they are happier than ever. Please do whatever you need to so you and your daughter can be safe. Also, you cant blame yourself for his issues, all you can do is encourage him to get help.
Listen to me. Once you are away from him you are going to have a HUGE weight lifted off of your shoulders and find you are happier than you thought you could be. Right now he is a cloud keeping you from the sun. He obviously is not the man for you. It is better to have a good father at a distance, than a horrible one at home. Leave him because this is not just physical abuse but emotional and mental abuse. Having a child isn't always the easiest journey but if you are sitting wondering how it went wrong then something has to change. MAKE A CHANGE NOW! You are young. I left my husband at about your age and it was SO DIFFICULT AT FIRST. But then when you hold out and be strong for a little while, it starts to get so much better and so many new doors will open up for you. Don't subject yourself or your daughter to this behavior of his and to 2 parents who are not happy with each other. Your daughter will be fine as long as you are happy and fine. Once you leave him allow him as much time with her as he wants but make sure he is responsible and trustworthy enough to even spend time with her alone. You are right you both don't deserve this. You have a job. I didn't even have a job when I left my husband. Do it, try it, be alone for a while and enjoy your baby the way you should be and leave all the losers behind. GOOD LUCK!
The only thing you failed at was picking this jerk! If he hit you once, he'll hit you again. I'm sorry, but it would be over!!!
Do NOT put up with physical abuse! You should seek counselling with or without him, and it should be made crystal clear that if he wishes to remain married, that he will NEVER hit you again. There is absolutely NO excuse for that behavior.





Sounds like a real man you have there... I'm sorry for you.
You married a pot head? It will only get worse, you know what to do. You can't control other people just yourself. You owe it to your daughter to take her out of that enviroment, it's not about just you. Good luck
If you didn't call the cops and have him charged with domestic violence, you are a fool. Hear me out. It will only get WORSE... he's hit you once...he's not going to stop.


Have him arrested, take your child and leave. File for divorce and get away from him. If you don't, you are putting yourself into a situation of becoming seriously hurt or having to take matters into your own hands. Many absusive husbands have died at the hands of a battered wife. He is no good... File charges, have a peace bond issued and stay away from him.


Or you could do what one of Willie Nelson's wives did... when he passed out in bed, sew the sheets together, go get large stick or something and beat him senseless. Then tell him if he ever raises a hand to you again, his mama can bury his no good butt because you're gonna whack him.
I would call the police asap and turn him in for his weed and then tell him about him beating you. However before you do this take your child to a family members house so that you don't have to get chidren services involved. No woman ever should be hit for any reason. Don't think you need to deal with that crap...ever dont' wait just leave.....go to the police station and give up the f'er....
Girl I feel your pain .My husband is far from perfect .I was just told some really upsetting things yesterday myself .I am asking myself right now what the hell am I doing with this dog of a user .I am sure you are a good mom !!My dh abused alcohol too and does other things sooner or later we will see a light I say dont waitto long beacuse right now they are just dimming our moods .Hang in there analize this and go with whats right !
well smoking weed changes people..





but him hitting you is unexceptable if he loves you he woulden't dare lay a hand on you.





I think you should leave him he is threating you.





but idk if you love him then go see someone and talk about the issue








he hit you once he would most likey do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment